Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Money Money Money

I'm really sick of money. Specifically I'm sick of budgets. The school has a budget for you, the hospital has another budget for you. The school budget doesn't include extraneous medical bills, and the hospital budget doesn't include school bills. On top of that, my husband lives on one side of Texas and I live on the other, so he can be close to his doctors and I can go to school. Basically they both think we have tons of money we do not have. In fact, the whole world seems to think we have loads of cash just sitting around to pay for things they didn't actually do. I'm not complaining about my lifestyle. I have lived in homeless shelters and I know what it is like to be truly without the necessities of life. But, I now work on top of my grad school work in order to live a comfortable life. I live in a nice apartment complex, but I chose it because it is safe. The nice kitchen was just a bonus. I enjoy being able to go to Starbucks a few times a week, but I also eat microwave meals almost every day. I'm by no means poor, but I don't exactly have money sitting around in savings either. So all of you people who get to decide how much "disposable income" we really have, should take a peek at the fact that we pay hundreds of dollars a month for medication that keeps my husband alive and me functional. Or the fact that the old computer is in nosedive and I really needed a new one for school. Anyhow, I'm done ranting. The point is this, the limited window into my finances is just that, limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment