Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I find your lack of faith (in doctors)... May be completely founded

So I've had this problem for a while. I try really hard but I just can't get over how stupid some doctors can be. I have been trying for 2 weeks to get the dosage on my Florinef changed. During the winter, I take 0.1mg, but during the hot El Paso summer, I take 0.4mg. My current prescription was for the 0.1mg dose. So I call the doctors office to get a new script for a higher dose, and the medical assistant calls back telling me that they don't make 0.4mg pills. I explain that I know that but I need to take 0.4mgs total a day. She says that they cannot give me a total of 0.4mgs because there is no dosage option for 0.4mg. I finally just make an appointment with the doctor and have the same discussion with him. I can't figure out why there wouldn't be an option for 0.4mgs a day, but I've been on that dose before and assure him that it's a standard dose. He leaves and asks the nurse practitioner what she thinks. After a half an hour of him trying to figure out how to write the script, he finally hands me the pen and asks me to write out what I would like. 0.1mgs Florinef, 4 tablets, by mouth, daily. He reads it and says, why didn't you just tell me that?  Really people? It never occurred to you that all you have to do is multiply 0.1 x 4 to get 0.4. I'm glad I know what I need because I seriously fear for anyone who has to put their health in the hands of these idiots

No comments:

Post a Comment